Gallarus Productions, Ireland
After Sarah Miles | Festival on Tour | Sept 26 – Oct 11
After a lifetime of wrestling with the tides, fisherman Bobeen finds it hard to face the sea again. But the discovery he made in the mouth of the harbour almost thirty years ago keeps calling him back. This time it will connect him to what he thought was lost and gone forever.
After Sarah Miles follows Bobeen’s journey from 1969 to the present day; from the moment he has his first drink as a fourteen year old boy on the set of Ryan's Daughter, to a blossoming crush which takes his life in an entirely new direction.
Don Wycherley gives a towering performance in this acclaimed new play, transporting the audience into a world that is at the same time ordinary and epic.
- Contains strong language.
Information and Tickets:
- Venue and Dates:
- axis:Ballymun: Fri Sept 26 – Sat Sept 27, 8pm
- Civic Theatre Loose End Studio: Mon Sept 29 – Sat Oct 4, 8.15pm
- Pavilion Theatre: Wed Oct 8 – Thurs Oct 9, 8pm
- Draíocht Studio: Fri Oct 10 – Sat Oct 11, 8.15pm
- Tickets: €18
- Duration: 85 mins. No interval.
- Talking Theatre: Sept 26, post-show. In conversation with Michael Hilliard Mulcahy and Don Wycherley.
"Tender, compelling and lots of fun." The Sunday Times
Cast and Creative Team:
- Directed by Michael Hilliard Mulcahy
- Cast: Don Wycherley
- Composer: Sam Jackson
- Lighting Design: Eoin Lennon