El Conde de Terrefiel, Spain
Guerrilla | Project Arts Centre (Space Upstairs) | Sept 30-Oct 2 2016
El Conde de Torrefiel are one of the most exciting and provocative theatre companies to emerge from Spain in recent years. Their newest work, Guerrilla, presents the confused and contradictory inner universe of a group of people that inhabit the same moment in time, move through the streets of the same city, share the collective conciousness of the same continent, and are affected to a greater or lesser degree by the same consequences. Even so, they don't know how to face a world that has changed too much since the beginning of the 20th century and that is in constant need of new rules, symbols, and tools for its interpretation.
The piece is made up of three distinct parts; an electronic music concert, a Tai Chi class and a conference. The actions take place in the near future in three different cities. The participants in these events dance, talk, and listen. A projected text, loaded with the most intimate thoughts of those present, is compared to and superimposed upon the tableaus they make.
Warning: contains very loud, sustained noise.
Cast and Creative Team
- Conceived by El Conde de Torrefiel
- Cast Includes: Keyna Nara, Dublin volunteers
- Direction and Dramaturgy: Tanya Beyeler and Pablo Gisbert
- Assistant: Nicolas Chevallier
- Text: Pablo Gisbert in collaboration with the performers
- Lighting Design: Ana Rovira
- Set Design: Blanca Añón
- Sound Design: Adolfo García Fernández
- Choreography Assistant: Amaranta Velarde
- Music: Pink Elephant on Parade
- Dramaturgical Advice: Roberto Fratini
- English Translation: Nika Blazer
Co-production: Kunstenfestivaldesarts (Brussels), Steirischer Herbst Festival (Gratz), Noorderzon Performing Arts Festival (Groningen). Project co-produced by NXTSTP, with the support of the Culture Programme of the European Union.
With the support of Graner, Centre de Creació Barcelona, ICEC - Generalitat de Catalunya, INAEM, Ministerio de Cultura de España.
Information and Tickets:
- Venue: Project Arts Centre (Space Upstairs)
- Dates: Sept 30 & Oct 1, 8pm; Oct 2, 6pm
- Tickets: €25
- Duration: Approx. 85 mins. No interval.