Nicola Gunn / SANS HOTEL, Australia
Hello my name is | Smock Alley Theatre | Sept 30 – Oct 5
Warm as a spring day and unexpectedly fun like a game of table tennis, Hello my name is is about getting to know you.
Set in a community centre – or a room called a community centre – you are cast as a workshop participant and carefully led through a series of activities that chaotically and humorously describe how to have a conversation. Nicola Gunn is your volunteer team leader. Her mission: to change the world.
Part personal confession, part social commentary and part trust exercise, Hello my name is creates a unique, playful and moving experience that puts the audience in the action. Enter with an open mind and this joyous event will remind you how to engage with (and celebrate) the act of living together.
- Contains nudity and strong language.
- This performance is of a participatory nature and will include a short outdoor walk.
Information and Tickets:
- Venue: Smock Alley Theatre, Banquet Hall
- Dates: Tues Sept 30 – Thurs Oct 2, 7.30pm
- Fri Oct 3, 6pm
- Sat Oct 4, 2.30pm & 6pm
- Sun Oct 5, 2.30pm
- Tickets: €20 – €25
- Duration: 70 mins. No interval.
- Talking Theatre: Oct 1, post-show. With Nicola Gunn.
"This is an uplifting and effortlessly clever show. Nicola Gunn is an extraordinary comic talent." The Age
Cast and Creative Team:
- Created and Performed by Nicola Gunn
- Dramaturgy: David Woods
- Production Design: Nicola Gunn and Gwen Holmberg-Gilchrist
- Videographer: Cobie Orger