Fíbín Teo., Ireland
Réiltín | Abbey Theatre, on the Peacock Stage | Sept 24 – 27
'They promised we would have our day
And said it would never end
We would inherit the world
But we are only fools
Who never learnt to dream.'
Réiltín is a fallout girl. This is not how her life was supposed to be – she was destined to be a singer. She needs to escape her dead-end world before it is too late. Back for one night only, Réiltín is about to give the gig of her life.
Known for their highly visual and energetic productions, Fíbín Teo. have been described as “The Future of Irish language Theatre” (BBC Northern Ireland). Réiltín is no different, featuring original music composed by Simon Noble and performed by Clíona Ní Chiosáin.
- Performed in Irish, with English surtitles* on Wed Sept 24, Fri Sept 26 and Sun Sept 28.
- Smoke machines and strobe lighting are used during the show. Contains strong language.
- *In surtitled performances an English-language translation of the dialogue is projected as captions onto a screen above the stage
Information and Tickets:
- Venue: Abbey Theatre, on the Peacock Stage
- Preview: Wed Sept 24, 8pm
- Dates: Thurs Sept 25, 8pm
- Fri Sept 26, 6.30pm
- Sat Sept 27, 2.30pm & 6.30pm
- Sun Sept 28, 2.30pm
- Tickets: €15 – €25
- Duration: 60 mins. No interval.
- Talking Theatre: Sept 25, post-show. With members of the company.
Cast and Creative Team:
- Directed by Paul Mercier
- Cast: Clíona Ní Chiosáin
- Composer: Simon Noble
- Camera: Mícheál Ó Dúbháin
- Sound Design: Paul Rowland
- Video: Étaín Ní Thuairisg
- Producers: Darach Ó Tuairisg, Ruth Gordon