Gate Theatre, Ireland
The Father | Gate Theatre | Sept 29-Oct 15 2016
The Father by Florian Zeller in a translation by Christopher Hampton.
The Father looks inside the mind of Andre, a retired dancer living with his adult daughter Anne and her husband. Or is he a retired engineer receiving a visit from Anne who has moved away with her boyfriend? Why do strangers keep turning up in his room? And where has he left his watch?
The author of this intriguing and compelling black comedy, Florian Zeller, has been hailed as “one of the hottest literary talents in France” (Independent). The Father (LePère) receiving its Irish premiere, won Best Play 2014 in the Molière Awards, France’s highest theatrical honour.
Cast and Creative Team:
- Directed by Ethan McSweeny
- Cast includes: Peter Gaynor, Charlotte McCurry, Simon O’Gorman, Sophie Robinson, Owen Roe
- Set Design: Francis O’Connor
- Costume Design: Joan O’Clery
- Lighting Design: Rick Fisher
- Music and Sound Design: Denis Clohessy
The Gate Theatre is funded through the Arts Council’s Regularly Funded Organisations funding programme.
Information and Tickets:
- Venue: Gate Theatre
- Dates: Sept 29, 30, Oct 3, 4, 6 & 7 & Oct 10, 11, 13 & 14 7.30pm; Oct 1, 8 & 15, 2.30pm & 7.30pm, Oct 5, 12 – 2.30pm
- Tickets: €27 – €30
- Duration: Approx. 90 mins. No interval.