Abbey Theatre, Ireland
The Remains of Maisie Duggan | Abbey Theatre, on the Peacock stage | Sept 26-Oct 15 2016
The Remains of Maisie Duggan by Carmel Winters.
Being dead is wonderful, Kathleen, it’s the best thing that ever happened to me!
Only Maisie’s funeral would bring her daughter back to Ireland. But it’s a curious class of corpse that greets Kathleen on her arrival.
Kathleen’s return brings old family troubles to the surface in this riotous dark comedy. The Remains of Maisie Duggan sees a turbulent family stuck in limbo – can they escape the traumas of their past?
A world premiere from the award-winning writer of B for Baby, Carmel Winters’ explosive new play is a subversive illumination of family bonds and the struggle to break them.
Cast and Creative Team:
- Directed by Ellen McDougall
- Cast includes: Bríd Ní Neachtain, Rachel O'Byrne, Cillian Ó Gairbhí, John Olohan
- Set Design: Fly Davis
- Costume Design: Sinéad Cuthbert
- Lighting Design: Sarah Jane Shiels
- Composer and Sound Design: Alexandra Faye Braithwaite
- Fight Directors: Ciarán O’Grady, Eimear O'Grady
The Abbey Theatre is funded through the Arts Council’s Regularly Funded Organisations funding programme.
Information and Tickets:
- Venue: Abbey Theatre, on the Peacock stage
- Previews: Sept 26 – 28, 8pm
- Dates: Sept 29, 30, Oct 3 – 7 & Oct 10 – 14, 8pm; Oct 1, 8 & 15, 2.30pm & 8pm
- Tickets: €13 – €20
- Duration: Approx. 90 mins. No interval.