The Tragical Life of Cheeseboy | The Ark | Oct 5 – 7
Inside an enchanting travelling theatre tent, discover a storyteller who shares a timeless tale.
Cheeseboy’s home planet has been reduced to a bubbling fondue. Where are his parents? How did he become marooned on earth? Gypsies have given him a home, of sorts, but Cheeseboy is distracted by strange longings and stranger powers…
The Tragical Life of Cheeseboy is a multi award-winning production written by Finegan Kruckemeyer, author of the 2011 festival hit The Girl Who Forgot to Sing Badly (The Ark/Theatre Lovett). Inspired by the legends of heroes and adventurers such as Superman, Edward Scissorhands and The Little Prince, this wondrous and familiar journey will transport you to a fantastic world of exotic cheese curds through lights, music and mirrors.
- Ages 8+
Information and Tickets:
- Venue: The Ark
- Dates: Sun Oct 5 – Tues Oct 7
- Tickets: Schools Performances: €5
- Public Performances: €12
- Duration: 50 mins. No interval.
“magical and charming, so full of whimsicality and merry eccentricity… a marvel of exquisite theatre-craft.” The Herald, Scotland
Cast and Creative Team:
- By Finegan Kruckemeyer, conceived by Andy Packer
- Directed by Andy Packer
- Cast: Rory Walker, Sam McMahon
- Operator: Roland Partis
- Design: Wendy Todd
- Lighting Design: Geoff Cobham
- Composer: Quincy Grant
- Sound Design: Nick O'Connor
- Illustrator: Andy Ellis
- New Media Artist: Simone Mazengarb
- New Media Consultant: Simone Hyde