Branar Téatar do Pháistí and Teater Refleksion, Ireland and Denmark
The Way Back Home | The Ark | Sept 30 – Oct 4
When a boy discovers a single-propeller airplane in his closet, he does what any young adventurer would do: he flies into outer space!
Millions of miles from earth, the plane begins to sputter and quake. The boy must make a daring landing on the moon. But as it turns out, he is not alone up there...
Branar Téatar and Teater Refleksion have joined forces to produce The Way Back Home, based on the hugely successful book by Irish author Oliver Jeffers. Making its world premiere at the festival, this new show will combine puppetry, original music and the distinctive, evocative design of Teater Refleksion’s Mariann Aagaard to realise a beautiful and imaginative story on stage.
- Recommended for audiences aged 3 – 8
- A non-verbal performance.
- Produced in association with Baboró International Arts Festival for Children.
- The Way Back Home is published by HarperCollins Children’s Publishers.
Information and Tickets:
- Venue: The Ark
- Dates: Tues Sept 30 – Sat Oct 4
- Tickets: Schools Performances: €5
- Public Performances: €12
- Duration: Approx. 40 mins. No interval.
- Autism friendly performance: Oct 1, 10.15am. For further information please phone The Ark on +353 1 670 7788 or email email@example.com
"This is top class theatre for any age. Don't miss it." Irish Theatre Magazineon Branar Téatar’s 'Sproai.'
Cast and Creative Team:
- Directed by Marc Mac Lochlainn and Bjarne Sandborg
- Cast: Aapo Repo, Neasa Ní Chuanaigh
- Puppet and Set Design: Mariann Aagaard, assisted by Malene Laurvig
- Music: Henrik Andersen
- Sound Design: Morten Meilvang Laursen
- Lighting Design: Morten Ladefoged